PSU Authentic Thai Camp
The PSU Authentic Thai Camp for overseas students has been specially designed to allow participants to learn more about Thailand, its culture, language, and traditions.
- 14 days in “The Land of Smiles”
- full of Cultural Discoveries: Thai cooking, boxing, music, dance, way of life, etc.,
- visits to museums and historical places
- excursions to renowned tourist places: Krabi Province
- exchange cultural experiences with PSU Thai students and other foreign students
Prince of Songkla University Hat Yai Campus, Thailand, is the main PSU campus, located in the busy, commercial city of Hat Yai in Songkhla province, the hub of trade and economy of the major provinces in the Lower South. Hat Yai Campus, with its attractive landscape, provides a serene setting ideal for education and learning, and is the center of various disciplines, including Health Science, Science and Technology, Engineering, Management Sciences, Liberal Arts, Economics, Law, Natural Resources, Environmental Management, and Agro-Industry.
Camp’s activities and classes are arranged on campus (except for trips and excursions),
providing access to campus-wide Wi-Fi internet, many delicious students’ cafeteria, and a
modern Sport Complex, inclusive of an Olympic-size swimming pool.
The city of Hat Yai is about 60 km from the Malaysian border, one hour flying from Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and Singapore, and 30 km from the beautiful tropical long beaches of Songkhla. It is a modern city, with a vibrant mix of Thai, Chinese, and Malay influences, making Hat Yai a thrill to visit with many cultural and modern entertainment attractions.
Various topics on Thai language, Thai Dancing, Thai Boxing, Traditional Medicine, Thai Cooking and Thai Way of Life and its Environment are covered by the program.
Participants will be able to experience a broad variety of activities introduced and guided by knowledgeable instructors. For example, during the Thai Cooking session participants will cook and taste several Thai dishes, like the authentic and traditional Thai style “Tom Yam Kung.” Also, during the Thai Traditional Medicine class, Thai Herbs and Spa are introduced and participants will learn how to do themselves herbal medicines. They will take this knowledge back home, to apply it in their own country.
Participants have the opportunity to travel to and get first-hand information on historical places and renowned tourist attractions in Southern Thailand, such as:
- Songkhla: Samila Beach, Folklore museum, old city, etc.
- Krabi: Tour & Snorkeling around 5 white-sand islands, Emerald Pool (Sa Morakot)
- Patthalung: Handicraft Learning Center Varni Krajood
Students will be accommodated in a nice and comfortable hotel. Laundry service, restaurants, and mini-marts are available nearby.
PSU provides campus-wide Wi-Fi internet, and provides many delicious and inexpensive food courts, a student activities building, and a modern Sport Complex with an Olympic-size swimming pool.
- The minimum age of participant must be 18.
- Participant’s passport must be available for minimum six (6) months from the date of entering Thailand.
- Participants from PSU partner universities benefit of discounts only if they are nominated by their university via the specific Application Form received from PSU.
- Individual applications are possible, but no discount will apply.
- Please read the Refund Policy below.
The Early Bird Rate is US$ 750 (transferred before the end of April 2019)
The Normal Fee is US$ 800 (transferred between 1-31 May)
Discounts for students nominated by Partner Universities:
The Early Bird Rate Discounts applies to payment done by 30 April 2019
The Normal Rate Discounts applies to payment from 1 – 31 May 2019
- includes accommodation, local transportation to field trips and excursions as mentioned in the program, tickets to museums and parks, as well as several meals;
- participants are responsible for their own travel expenses from home city to Hat Yai, international health & accident insurance, some meals, and other personal expenses;
- all bank transfer fees must be covered by the participant.
Please make bank transfer payment to Siam Commercial Bank, PSU Hat Yai Branch, 15 Karnjanavanich Road, Hat Yai, Songkhla 90110 Thailand, Account Name: PSU International Affairs, Account No. 565-455889-5, SWIFT Code: SICOTHBK
Applicants already finalizing the payment and deciding later to withdraw, can request a
refund under the following conditions:
- cancelations of participation made by 14 June 2019 are refunded (less the transfer
fees and currency conversion fees that our bank will charge on the total amount);
- cancelations made on 15 June 2019 and after cannot be refunded
*All transfer-back fees and the conversion rates from Thai Baht to USD and from USD
to participant’s country currency will be charged on participant.
Please send the completed Application Form, copy of passport & bank transfer slip to the PSU International Affairs Office: by email: firstname.lastname@example.org