The Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) is a famous world universities’ ranking from United Kingdom, which uses an interactive ranking table to explore world’s top universities, with options to see the ranking by country, region or subject area. The QS has announced the ranking of leading universities in Asia 2018, with a total of 940 universities from 84 countries, based on six performance indicators: academic reputation from global survey, faculty student ratio, citations per faculty from Scopus, employer reputation from global survey, proportion of international students, and proportion of international faculty.
In this ranking, Prince of Songkla University is number 185 in Asia, and the 6th in Thailand together with other two universities.
1. Chulalongkorn University - in the group 245th in the world, leads the Thai ranking
2. Mahidol University - ranked in the group 334th in the world
3. Chiang Mai University - ranked in the group 551-600th in the world
4. Thammasat University - ranked in the group 601-650th in the world
5. Kasetsart University - ranked in the group 751-800th in the world
6. Khon Kaen University, King Mongkut's University of Technology Thonburi, and Prince of Songkla University - ranked in the group 801-1000th in the world.
In addition, the 4 International Colleges & Universities (4icu.org ), an independent agency and an international higher education search engine and directory reviewing accredited universities and colleges in the world, ranks the top university’s websites that are most visited during the last year, including 12,358 institutions ranked in 200 countries.
According to this ranking, Prince of Songkla University is the 6th in Thailand, 93rd in Asia and 812nd in the world. In the 1-5 Thai ranking are Kasetsart Universiy, Chulalongkorn University, Mahidol University, Chiang Mai University and Khon Kaen University.