THAI CULTURAL CAMP 2020
The PSU Thai Cultural Camp for has been specially designed to allow international university students and staff to learn more about Thailand, its culture, language, and traditions. It is a comprehensive program including language and cultural classes, field trips, visits to museums and historical areas, as well as excursions to renowned tourist places around Southern Thailand.
Prince of Songkla University Hat Yai Campus, Thailand
Hat Yai Campus, the main campus of PSU, is located in the multicultural city of Hat Yai in Songkhla province. Hat Yai Campus, with its attractive landscape, provides a serene setting ideal for education and learning, and is the center of various disciplines, including Health Sciences, Science and Technology, Engineering, Management Sciences, Liberal Arts, Economics, Law, Natural Resources, Environment Management, and Agro-Industry.
Camp’s activities and classes are arranged on campus (except for trips and excursions), providing access to campus-wide Wi-Fi internet, many delicious students’ cafeteria, and a modern Sport Complex, inclusive of an Olympic-size swimming pool.
The city of Hat Yai, the hub of trade and economy of the South, is easily reachable being just one hour flying from Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur or Singapore, about 60 km from the Malaysian border, and 30 km from the beautiful tropical long beaches of Songkhla. It is a modern city, with a vibrant mix of Thai, Chinese, and Malay influences, making Hat Yai a thrill to visit with many cultural and modern entertainment attractions.
Various topics on Thai Language, Traditional Medicine, Thai Cooking, Thai Dancing, Thai Boxing, Sufficiency Economy, and Thai Way of Life and its Environment are covered by the program.
Participants will be able to experience a broad variety of activities introduced and guided by knowledgeable instructors. For example, during the Thai Cooking session participants will cook and taste several Thai dishes, like the authentic and traditional Thai style “Tom Yam Kung.” Also, during the Thai Traditional Medicine class, Thai Herbs and Spa are introduced and participants will learn how to do themselves herbal medicines. They will take this knowledge back home, to apply it in their own country.
Participants have the opportunity to travel to and get first-hand information on historical places and renowned tourist attractions in Southern Thailand, such as:
- Krabi: trip to white sand islands & snorkeling; enjoy beautiful beaches; swim at the Emerald Pool (Sa Morakot); experience Krabi Night Market
- Phatthalung: Handicraft Learning Center Varni Krajood
- Songkhla: Samila Beach, Folklore Museum, Old Town, Floating Market, etc.
Participants will be accommodated in a safe and comfortable hotel in Hat Yai. Laundry services, restaurants, and mini-marts are available nearby. International participants will be guided and accompanied by nice Thai students during all activities, trips and free time.
- Each university/ institution can nominate a maximum of 10 participants only!
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
- Participant’s passport must be available for minimum six (6) months from the departure date from Thailand (after the end date of the camp).
- Please read the Refund Policy below.
Early bird rate: US$ 780 (paid before 17 April 2020)
Normal rate: US$ 850 (paid from 18 April to 15 May 2020)
*All Bank Transfer Fees must be covered by the participant
- Includes: tuition, accommodation, airport pick-up and drop-off service at Hat Yai International Airport, local transportation to field trips and excursions as mentioned in the program, museums tickets, speed-boat fee for one-day trip in Krabi, as well as breakfasts and lunches.
- Participants are responsible for their own travel expenses from home city to Hat Yai International Airport, international health & accident insurance for the duration of the camp, eventual visa costs, dinners, and other personal expenses.
Please make bank transfer payment to Siam Commercial Bank, PSU Hat Yai Branch, 15 Karnjanavanich Road, Hat Yai, Songkhla 90110 Thailand, Account Name: PSU International Affairs, Account No. 565-455889-5, SWIFT Code: SICOTHBK
Applicants already finalizing the payment and deciding later to withdraw, can request a
refund under the following conditions:
- cancellations of participation made by 31 May 2020 are refunded (less the transfer
fees and currency conversion fees that our bank will charge on the total amount);
- cancellations made on 31 May 2020 and after cannot be refunded
*All transfer-back fees and the conversion rates from Thai Baht to USD and from USD
to participant’s country currency will be charged on participant.
Please send the completed Application Form, copy of passport & bank transfer slip to the PSU International Affairs Office: by email: firstname.lastname@example.org